The 1st Pres Past Scouts Association was formed in December 2009 by past scouts and listed as our objectives are:
- To provide leadership, guidance and support to the 1st Presentation Sea Scout Troop. The troop is currently run by Sean Mungal, scout leader and assistant leaders Kirk Mungal and Kevin Tam.
- To assist in securing and maintaining necessary facilities and equipment for the efficient running of all aspects of the Troop.
- To maintain a duplicate record of the properties and other major assets of the troop.
- To collaborate with relevant stakeholders toward the overall development of young men through the scouting movement.
- To be an avenue through which the past scout body may be kept in touch and informed or major occurrences and achievements
Here are some of our major accomplishments over the years:
- 2009: Founded
- 2010: Repaired the boathouse & donated 3 rowing pirogues
- 2011: Donated 1 rowing pirogue
- 2012: Purchased new tents for the Troop
We are following up on the status of both scout houses, Copperhole and Dunboy. Copperhole is the subject of a court matter between the previous caretaker and the church, the matter is presently ongoing. Dunboy was relinquished to allow Nidco to build the water taxi terminal for San Fernando. It was given up with the intention of a similar space to be given in return but to date we have not been able to get the replacement. In the meanwhile we have been using Notre Dame’s scout house.
Presently the executive of the association is Mark Lee Son, President; Mark Mungal, Vice President; Hayden Romano, Secretary; Anthony Syms, Treasurer; and Glen Low Foon as Trustee.